If you are about to go down a social media rabbit hole, then we can promise that anything on this list is a much better option. Sometimes you just need a distraction, or ten, to get you through a desperate moment of curiosity. So, here are 10 things to do instead:
1. Listen to Serial , the addicting murder mystery podcast from the creators of This American Life (serialpodcast.org)
2. Watch a hilariously inconvenient interview with Molly Sims (hellogiggles.com)
3. Dance around in your room until you start sweating (youtube.com)
4. Learn how to build a website with HTML and CSS (codecademy.com)
5. Sign up for free online classes from universities around the world (edx.org)
6. Listen to Chef Ludo Lefebvre describe the perfect omelette (kcrw.com)
7. Poke through the New York Times' Modern Love column archives (nyt.com)
8. Learn how to do the perfect cat eye with Alexa Chung (youtube.com)
9. Check out these 23 maps and charts that will surprise you (vox.com)
10. Watch this oddly captivating tutorial on how to make a rainbow cake (youtube.com)
So much healthier than sleuthing, right?
Sign up for our weekly newsletter, a vitamin for your love life.
We know your inbox is busy, so we feel honored that you'd like to include us in your email life. Here's what to expect: a weekly update from our founder Ellen, with the latest posts and sneak previews of upcoming launches. Oh, and don't forget to follow us on Instagram: @letsmend and Snapchat: lets.mend.
If you're a Gmail subscriber, sometimes our emails end up in the Promotions tab of your inbox. If you want our newsletters to show in your Primary tab, just drag and drop one of our newsletters in there.
See you soon!×
Check Out Our Podcast: Love Is Like A PlantMore Episodes