We know this is the season of holiday parties, and you might be tempted to fill any lull with extra scrolling and clicking (i.e. checking out your ex's Instagram to see if they brought anyone to the company party).
If you start to get sucked into the vortex of ex snooping, here are 10 more interesting, fun and productive ways to spend these last moments of 2017.
1. Take this crash course on bitcoin (vox.com)
2. Reflect on the Year in Women (brit.co)
3. Listen to three writers talk about writing (npr.org)
4. Learn how to order wine from Jordan Salcito, Momofuku's beverage director + founder of Bellus Wines (intothegloss.com)
5. See where you should travel in 2018 based on your horoscope (refinery29.com)
6. Check out the GirlBoss staff holiday gift guide (girlboss.com)
7. Check out one of Maria Popova's definitive reading lists (brainpickings.org)
8. Get a head start on the new year by watching this video on resolutions (youtube.com)
9. Listen to one of the 150 greatest albums made by women (npr.org)
10. Get some 2018 inspiration from Woody Guthrie's resolution list from 1931 (businessinsider.com)