We know it's hard, but it is possible to save yourself from the dark abyss of rumination or online sleuthing. All you need is something else to do with your time. Here are ten great ideas.
1. Listen to Episode 2 of our new favorite podcast, Invisibilia: "What would happen if you could disappear fear?" (nprinvisibilia.tumblr.com)
2. Download SideChef, a free step-by-step cooking app, go grocery shopping and cook yourself a meal (sidechef.com)
3. Learn 8 tips for studying smarter (vox.com)
4. Watch/listen to Clint Eastwood breakdown the anatomy of a scene from American Sniper (nytimes.com)
5. Listen to Congressman John Lewis reflect on Selma and the act of non-violence (onbeing.org)
6. Read Maria Popova's beautiful review of Our World, Mary Oliver's memoir on life with photographer Molly Malone Cook (brainpickings.org)
7. Check out TLC's Kickstarter campaign for making their final album (kickstarter.com)
8. Watch Sleater Kinney's famous friends sing "No Cities To Love" (youtube.com)
9. Listen to Director Ava DuVernay (Selma) talk about building a career in film her own way (kcrw.com)
10. Learn 9 ways to incorporate mindfulness into your daily life (time.com)
Stay strong Menders!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter, a vitamin for your love life.
We know your inbox is busy, so we feel honored that you'd like to include us in your email life. Here's what to expect: a weekly update from our founder Ellen, with the latest posts and sneak previews of upcoming launches. Oh, and don't forget to follow us on Instagram: @letsmend and Snapchat: lets.mend.
If you're a Gmail subscriber, sometimes our emails end up in the Promotions tab of your inbox. If you want our newsletters to show in your Primary tab, just drag and drop one of our newsletters in there.
See you soon!×
Check Out Our Podcast: Love Is Like A PlantMore Episodes